I love blondies because they are sweet, moist, and simply delicious! As you might already know, I also love apple, so yeah! And I had some powdered cardamom at home that I hadn’t used so far so I thought I’d give it a go at this combo. They work really really nice together, I promise that once you start eating these you won’t be able to stop! You can also add chocolate chips, remove the apples, add nuts, anything you like! The world is your oyster.
– 227g melted and cooled down butter + more for buttering the mould
– 200g brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 250g flour + more for flouring the mould
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 tsp cardamom
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 200g of pink lady or royal gala apple, cut in squares (for me it was an apple and a half) + juice from 1 lemon
1. Mix the melted (and cooled down) butter with the sugar until no lumps are left
2. Add the spices, salt, egg. Basically everything but the flour and whisk it together.
3. Finish folding in the flour.
4. Cut the apple (peeled and cored) into squares, mine where about 5mm thick. Keep them in water with lemon juice so that they don’t oxidize. Then fold them in.
5. Butter and flour the mould and spread the mix inside. For me it was easier to use the back of a spoon to make it even all over.
6. Bake at 180C for 20min or until you can insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean. This will depend on the size of your mould.
That’s it! I sprinkled mine with some toasted flaked almonds and icing sugar, but it’s completely up to you! Munch away