Nothing beats being welcomed into a home with something warm straight out of the oven. This cheese dip is not only easy and very little trouble to make, but it will have everyone drooling over it (not literally, thank God). When I made it for some friends, it was gone within seconds! And I swear the container was quite big. I served it with these paprika and parmesan crackers that I posted, and they go amazing together. The artichoke goes really nicely with the cheese, and we use a mix of cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan inside and grated on top… YUMMY! A glass of wine and we’re ready to rumble 😉
– 5 artichoke bottoms
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 200g cream cheese
– 100g whipping cream
– 100g mozzarella
– 50g parmesan cheese (I used reggiano)
– 1/2 tsp salt
1. Leave the cream cheese outside of the fridge for an hour or more so it softens. Then whip it by hand with the cream until really smooth. Also add the salt.
2. Cook the artichoke bottoms with the juice from one lemon until cooked through (no resistance to a knife). Then cut it in 5mm chunks.
3. Mix the mozzarella and half the parmesan (both finely grated) with the cream cheese and then add the artichokes.
4. Put it in an oven safe dish. Make sure there are no air pockets or they’ll expand and bubble in the oven.
5. Sprinkle the other half finely grated parmesan cheese and put it in the oven at 200C for about 10min or until fully melted and a golden top.
DONE! Enjoy! Hope you like this recipe, tell me what you think in the comments below :)! Also tell me if you would like to see something else, I’m open for suggestions!