In summer or winter, these chocolate chip cookies filled with vanilla ice-cream are my doom. The cookie recipe is really impressive on its own (I made them for some friends and let’s say it didn’t even last 2 hours in the gift bag), and it works perfectly with the ice-cream because they are soft and melt in your mouth; so when you bite the sandwich the ice-cream doesn’t go everywhere. Try it at home 🙂
Portions: 6 sandwiches
For the cookies:
– 125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
– 200g brown sugar / demerara sugar
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 egg
– 245g all purpose flour
– 3/4 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp salt
– 100g milk chocolate chips + a bit more for the top
You’ll also need
– 1/2 liter vanilla ice-cream or any other flavour you like
– Sprinkles of the shape and colour you like
1. Mix the butter with the brown sugar. Then add all the other ingredients, finishing with the flour and chocolate chips.
2. Make small balls with the dough (remember you get double cookies on each sandwich, so don’t make them too big), flatten it a bit and then put them on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Don’t put them too close together because they will grow.
3. Put extra chips on top so they look super cute.
4. This goes in the oven at 170C for 15-20min or until you see they are golden around the edges.
5. When you take them out of the oven you’ll notice that they’re quite soft; but that’s ok, they get firmer as they cool down. When they reach room temperature, put them in the freezer so they don’t melt the ice-cream when we assemble the sandwiches.
5. Put a small ball of ice-cream on the base cookie and put the lid on, pushing down so it distributes on the cookie. Then I like to use the back of a spoon to even out the sides.
6. Finally, use a spoon to drizzle sprinkles on the ice-cream. I don’t recommend rolling the sandwiches on the sprinkles because they also stick to the cookie and then you get wet sprinkles for the next one.
7. Into the freezer! If it’s hot while you make these, you want to put them in the freezer as you make them so they don’t melt.
Done! I warn you that these are very addictive, so don’t say I didn’t warn you, hahaha. You can also do just the cookies without ice-cream, I promise you they are THE BEST I’ve ever had.