I just looooooove hummus, because who doesn’t? It has a nice texture and flavour and goes so damn well with bread! SO as I promised on How to enhance your cheese and wine night, I now bring you my recipe. I made it for some guests a couple of nights ago and none was left! It is really easy since all you need to do is measure the ingredients correctly and blend them.
Portion: about 2 cups
– 420g of chickpeas, I used canned
– 3 tbsp of lime juice
– 100ml olive oil + more to adjust texture
– 4 tbsp of Tahini (sesame seed puree)
– 1 clove of garlic, chopped or grated finely
– salt and pepper to taste
– To garnish: dried oregano, paprika, olive oil
1. Put everything in the blender or food processor, and give it a go until smooth, constantly taste for salt level and add more if necessary. Also depending on the chickpeas you buy you might need to add more olive oil to loosen it up a bit.
THAT IS IT! Told you it was easy! Now serve pretty with a drizzle of olive oil, oregano and maybe some chilli powder and enjoy 🙂 Now you can also see how to add it to a beautiful cheese board.