We all need to have a go-to baked chicken recipe, and this one is one of my favourites. It’s super tasty with turmeric, mustard, sage, thyme and of course lemon. It goes great with a salad with avocado (so it cuts the acidity of the lemon) or a starch such as rice, quinoa or potatoes.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- to taste salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp apple or cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice around 3 lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- a bunch thyme sprigs
- a bunch sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 ml water
- Heat a pan with olive oil and use it to sear the chicken. It's very important to leave it still on the pan so it has a chance to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper. Once it's golden, turn around and repeat on the other side.Put the chicken breasts in an oven-safe dish and reserve.
- The searing of the chicken breasts has left lots of flavour on the pan, so we're going to take advantage of it. Add the vinegar and use a whisk to extract what has stuck to the pan. Let it reduce almost completely.
- Add the herbs, turmeric, Dijon mustard, a finely grated garlic clove and mix. Let it cook for about 30 seconds. Add the water and it's onto the chicken.
- Put in an oven at 180C for about 20-30min or until you see that it's gotten firm, yet not stiff (it will become very dry otherwise). The best way to make sure that it's perfectly cooked and moist is to use a meat thermometer and remove it from the oven when the center hits 63C.
- Serve with a bit of fresh thyme sprigs and sage leaves.
This chicken is really simple and yet it achieves amazing taste. I hope you liked it 🙂 Don’t forget to tell me if you want me to teach you how to make a particular dish in the comments below.