This ice cream flavour might sound a bit weird, but there’s an explanation for it. A few weeks ago, Ben & Jerry’s released a flavour like this called “Netflix and Chill’d”. This is not exactly like that one and I can say that because I’ve never had it, lol. So I would definitely not say this is a copycat version. I have to say I’m in love with this peanut butter ice cream with brownies and pretzels. Not only because it’s no-churn but also THE FLAVOUR IS INSANE!
You can make only the peanut butter ice cream without the brownies of pretzels without any problem :). It’s delicious ice cream and it works like a dream! If you want, you can add chopped chocolate pieces as I did with my stracciatella ice cream or maybe manjar blanco or even blondies if you prefer them to brownies. For this ice cream, I bought the peanut butter because my food processor has been acting weird lately. You can make it yourself at home but make sure that your food processor can make it REALLY SOFT. If that’s not the case, it’s best to buy it like I did. To make peanut butter you first toast the peanut in the oven and place on full speed in your food processor while still warm. As the minutes go by you will see it go from peanut dust to butter.
For the brownies to be this mini I made half a recipe for my fudgy gooey brownies which are made with cocoa powder. You could also use half my dark chocolate brownies recipe instead. It’s important that you don’t cook them for too long so that they’re fudgy in the ice cream and feel nice when frozen. If you leave them in the oven for too long, since the batter is spread so thin, it will turn into a cookie.
If you love ice cream you definitely need to make this recipe. However, if this recipe isn’t your style though, you’re welcome to check out my ice cream recipe section here on the blog. I love love love the flavour that the pretzels add to this recipe. They have that coarse sea salt action on top that goes amazing with the peanut butter and chocolate. If you can’t get or don’t like pretzels, you can also use salted peanuts and be careful not to mix them in too much so that the salt doesn’t dilute into the ice cream.
No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Brownies and PretzelsPrint Pin Rate
For the mini fudgy brownies
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 120 g sugar
- 35 g unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1 egg cold, straight from the fridge
- 35 g all purpose flour
For the mini brownies
- Place the butter, sugar, cacao, salt and vanilla in the bowl where you're going to whip them up later.
- Put the bowl on a bain-marie without touching the surface of the water until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie and wait 5min for it to cool down a bit. You should be able to touch the outside of the bowl without burning yourself.
- Beat using a stand or hand-held electric mixer and add the egg. Stop once it's completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and beat for 2min on high speed.
- Line a 20x20cm / 8x8in pan with baking paper and pour the batter inside. Take into a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 10min or until you can insert a toothpick at the centre and it comes out with a bit of dough (we don't want it to dry out completely).
- Let cool down completely, unmould and cut the mini brownies.