I’ve been looking forward to post a salad for a while and finally I am! Salads for me must be interesting, not monotone or simply a mix of ingredients. Sometimes when we make them at home we just chop and mix, and this becomes boring very easily. Therefore I bring you something different: kale (which is very firm and meaty in a way), pumpkin (roasted, soft and sweet), almonds (crunchy and toasted) and a mayonnaise vinaigrette with lemon and poppy seeds (acidic and tasty :D). So here we go! Eat this by itself or with your favourite protein.
For the salad:
– 150g kale
– 30g flaked almonds, toasted
– 300g pumpkin, peeled and cut in cubes
– 100ml olive oil
– 2 bayleafs
For the vinaigrette:
– 5 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light)
– juice from 1 lemon
– 4 tbsp water
– 1 tbsp poppy seeds
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pumpkin in the oven with the the bayleaf, olive oil, salt and pepper at 200C for about 30min or until soft. Mix them very 10min with a spoon. At the end let it cool completely.
2. Cut the Kale, leaving the stalk out and make sure they are bite size! Nothing worse than trying to put a huge leaf in your mouth
3. Mix everything for the vinaigrette 😀
4. Assemble and eat away.
Easy as that. Get ready to chew and enjoy 🙂 Tell me in the comments what types of salads you would like to see for a future post.