This amazing risotto is creamy and fresh at the same time! If you love risotto this is one for you. It’s really easy to cook and your family and friends will love you for it. Eat with a glass of wine on the side ;). It’s ideal to do your own chicken stock, but if you’re in a hurry you can skip that and use vegetable cube instead and it will work as good.
For the vegetable stock (all cut in pieces and cooked in 800ml of water for 1 hour:
– 50g carrots
– 50g onion
– 50g leek
– 50g celery
For the risotto
– 200g tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and cut in cubes
– 6 basil leaves cut into strips + 2 sprigs for decoration
– 50g white onion
– 20g butter
– 70g grated mozzarella cheese
– Around 500ml of vegetable stock from above or 1/2 a vegetable cube
– 140g arborio rice for risotto
1. Sweat the onion with the butter until the onions become translucent
2. Add the rice and coat it with the butter until you hear sizzling again. Then add a bit of the stock, and continue adding as it dries up until the rice is cooked. If you’re using cube instead, dissolve in a bit of hot water and add to the rice, then use water to pour little by little. It’s important that you stir constantly so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the rice is cooked, add the grated mozzarella and turn the mix so it melts.
3. Add the basil strips and the tomato cubes off the heat just to warm them up, and serve. Top with the basil sprig
Serve pretty and enjoy!!