Tangerines are amazing, they are sweet and sour, juicy and packed with flavour. So of course, they are a great option as a main ingredient to a cake :). Because we soak it in the end with tangerine juice with some lemon juice as well, it is almost like biting into a tangerine! It’s perfect to eat with a coffee or tea.
Portions: 24cm loaf tin / silicone pan. Aprox. 12 slices
For the batter:
– 115g butter, softened
– 175g sugar
– 2 eggs
– zest of 1 tangerine
– 175g flour
– 3g baking powder
– 2g salt
– 2 tbsp honey
– 20g melted butter
– 70g icing sugar
– juice of 3 tangerines
– juice of 1 lemon
– 50g icing sugar
– up to 1 tbsp tangerine juice
1. Whisk together the sugar, butter and zest to make a smooth mix
2. Mix in the eggs one by one, then the honey, and finally add the sieved flour, salt and baking powder. Let it rest 15min.
3. Put in you tin or mould, and make a line in the center, where you will drop the melted butter.
4. Make the soaking mix using sieved icing sugar, and mixing together. For the drizzling, add the juice little by little until you have a consistency much thicker than the soaking syrup. In the picture, the drizzle solution is on the left, the soaking on the right.
5. Cook the batter in the oven 30′ at 150C or until you can put a skewer or knife through the middle and nothing comes out.
5. Take out of the mould as soon as it comes out of the oven, and immediately soak it by painting the syrup on the top and all around, so the cake will absorb the mix
6. Once it cools down, drizzle on top your drizzle mix.
Serve pretty and enjoy!!