I haven’t yet met someone who doesn’t like a nice and moist loaf. This recipe is incredibly tasty and the cinnamon sugar in between really makes it pop. It’s soft, sweet, looks adorable, and really melts in your mouth. It’s perfect for an afternoon tea, or breakfast, or… well, just any time you’re hungry really! I love the way the cinnamon swirl looks when you cut into it.
- 135 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 37 g vegetable oil
- 260 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 140 ml milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 285 g all purpose flour
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 200 g icing sugar
- Whisk together the butter and oil until smooth. Then add the salt, baking powder and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients, finishing with the flour.
- Trace the shape of your mould on baking paper using a pencil (see video for more reference) and cut it out. Fold the shape of the mould, keeping the pencil facing the outside os it doesn't have contact with your dough. Use about a tsp of vegetable oil to stick it to the inside of the mould, with the pencil facing the outside.
- Add 1/3 of the dough and level. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar on top. Repeat with another layer and finish with the last 1/3 of dough.
- Use a skewer or knife to go back and forth to marble the cinnamon sugar. You can see more details of how to do it on the video.
- Take to the oven at 180C for 40-45min or until you put a skewer or knife in and it comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and remove using the sides of the baking paper.
- Mix the icing sugar and cinnamon using a whisk and add water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
- Make sure the loaf is completely cool before you apply the glaze or else the sugar will melt. Help it drizzle down the sides using a spoon.
- Let it dry before you cut it.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂 It’s perfect for a cinnamon lover like me.