If you haven’t tried these cookies then I present to you your new obsession. They’re really easy to make and really spectacular. The mix of almonds, cranberries and orange in this florentine cookies recipe is really nice and perfect for this time of year.
These florentine cookies are perfect to give as a gift because they’re really cute and delicate. Also they have the advantage that they are naturally gluten-free so it’s perfect for people who can’t consume gluten.
I love cooking for the people I love and even more so during Christmas season when there are so many gatherings with friends and family where we get together to chat and laugh. Remember that all my recipes for this season are all on the Christmas section on the blog.
- 140 g sliced or slivered almonds
- 140 g dried cranberries
- 2 egg whites
- 170 g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 orange zest only
- Mix everything in a bowl until homogeneous. You don’t need to beat the egg whites, just mix them in (it’s a question I get often).
- Place a silpat or baking paper on a baking tray. If you’re using baking paper it’s best to rub a bit of vegetable oil on top of it just to make sure the cookies won’t stick.
- Put a 10cm diameter cookie cutter over the baking paper or silpat and pout a tablespoon of mix inside.
- Press the mix down using the back of a spoon to flatten it as much as possible, leaving no empty spots. Then lift the cookie cuter and repeat the process with the next cookies until the tray is full.
- Take to a preheated oven at 140C for 25-30min or until really golden.
- Let cool completely before removing them from the tray as they are really soft while hot.