We all like our brownies in different ways. I love fudgy gooey brownies that melt in your mouth. That’s exactly how these brownies are and they have me head over heels for them! Just by looking at the pictures of the inside you can see that they’re going to melt in your mouth.
For a long time I used a recipe for brownies that I’ve completely replaced with this one that is so much better and a total hit.
I actually made them and couldn’t make myself to stop eating them! While I was working I could feel them staring at me. Thankfully I never heard them speaking to me haha.
I swear that I didn’t eat all the brownies to take the photo above, I just put them away hahaha. Also, if you follow me on Instagram you should know how I got that perfect bite shape ;).
Just look at the inside! I’m drooling just remembering how they taste like (yes, they’re gone by now). They also have this lovely crust on top that separates them form a simple cake.
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 240 g sugar
- 70 g unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, cold
- 70 g all purpose flour
- Put the butter, sugar, cacao, salt and vanilla essence in the bowl where you're going to whip them up later.
- Put the bowl on a bain-marie without touching the surface of the water until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Remove the bowl from the bain marie and wait 5min for it to cool down a bit. You should be able to touch the outside of the bowl without burning yourself.
- Mix using a stand or hand-held mixer and add the eggs one at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix for 2min on high speed.
- Line the mould with baking paper and take to a preheated oven at 160C for 20-30min or until you can insert a toothpick at the center and it comes out with a bit of dough (we don't want it to dry out completely).
- Let cool and cut.