I love shrimp. They’re cooked in an instant and they’re extremely tasty. This recipe for garlic butter shrimp with honey is SPECTACULAR! It’s really simple without sacrificing any of the taste. I served it with white rice but it could also be served as an appetizer dish to share with family and / or friends.
When you go to buy shrimp or langostines make sure that they’re not pre-cooked. Shrimp and langostines cook really fast so if you use pre-cooked it’s almost guaranteed that they will end up being overcooked and gummy. Remember also to devein them and leave them nice and clean before starting to cook.
I’m in love with this garlic butter shrimp with honey recipe. The butter makes the shrimp look really shiny and helps a lot in getting them golden. The honey gives it a nice sweet touch that I adore. I also added chili flakes to this dish but it’s completely optional in case you don’t like spicy food. Always serve them with a lime wedge which goes amazing with them. Another recipe that you can make with shrimp that’s delicious are my panko and peanut shrimp with a red pepper dip.
- 200 g shrimp or langostines, deveined and peeled
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes adjust to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 lime to serve
- Preheat a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the butter, garlic and honey.
- When it has melted place the shrimp on the pan. If you’re making more than one portion it’s best to cook them separate so they get a chance to become golden.
- Give them a minute on one side to become golden and flip them for a minute on the other side.
- Mix and serve immediately over rice or serve as an appetizer. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges.