If you cook all the time chances are that you also wash dishes all the time. It’s inevitable and it means that your hands suffer along the way. The same happens to lots of people who work with their hands or that have to constantly wash them. That’s why I came up with this scrub that we can do at home with just a couple ingredients. It’s super nice because it has grapefruit and mint. Also, it’s edible 😉
The first day I used it on my hands and lips. It works great! It really helps to get rid of all that dead skin that forms when you work with your hands. My lips were also super dry and it was silky smooth after exfoliating 🙂 Also, after I was done exfoliating I ate the scrub on my lips lol
In general when exfoliating you need to be careful that your skin hasn’t got any blemishes on it or it will sting. What I do if my hands have tiny wounds from dryness is hydrate first until the irritation is gone and then exfoliate.
The second time I used this scrub was on my face! I thought the sugar would be too abrasive on my face but I was wrong! I did have to be careful not to scrub it on too hard but other than that it worked perfectly.
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 1 grapefruit, only fine zest*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or almond oil
- 6 leaves mint, chopped or mint essential oil (optional)
- Mix everything and store in a sealed container. It lasts up to a month like this.
- Put a bit of the scrub on your hands and apply in circular motions in the area you want to exfoliate.
- When you're done, rinse (or eat haha) and pat dry with paper so the oil stays on your skin and hydrates it.