Nothing like a nice sandwich! It’s just that sometimes we don’t know what to put between those two slices of bread so that it’s not boring. That’s why I wanted to give you the recipe for this green goddess sandwich with basil ranch that I’m sure you’ll LOVE not just because it’s good looking but also because it’s really yummy.
My favourite part of this recipe this recipe is the ranch with basil. Usually ranch has dill in it but for this sandwich I decided to chop some basil and it came out incredibly nice. I just love homemade ranch. You can see my original ranch recipe along with others on my 10 dressings to liven up your salads post.
This green goddess sandwich is extremely fresh, perfect for a picnic, seaside or bedside haha. The crunchiness from the cucumber is extremely nice and plays contrast to the softness of the avocado. A winner all around.
For the ranch sauce:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise it can be light
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp milk it can be skimmed
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 1 avocado sliced
- sprouts I used lentil sprouts but it could also be broccoli, alfalfa or other you like
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- Baby spinach without the stalks
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Ranch from above
- Put all the ingredients for the ranch sauce except the basil in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Finally add the chopped basil and mix.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or on a pan on both sides. This is very important because it gives the sandwich flavour and texture.
- Slice and season the vegetables.
- Once the bread cools down spread ranch on each slice (be generous) and stack the vegetables on top.