I’ve done it. I’ve found the perfect blondie recipe. I swear they’re too good to be true. And I mean TOO good… I can’t stop eating them! They’re work great if you want to change the toppings or add chocolate or peanut butter chips. I swear you need to try them! Obviously I couldn’t choose just one topping flavour and so I had to marble cream cheese and Nutella… so perfect for cheat day and so so worth it.
After I made these and tried one I called my boyfriend, Javier to come taste one. He was as obsessed as me and had two in a row. They’re just way too good.
When I was coming up with this recipe I tried really hard to decide if I should top them with cream cheese or chocolate and I wasn’t able to decide because… duh, you can use both!
But it’s not just the topping, it’s also the base. It’s super fudgy and chewy and it’s the perfect start to any blondie. You can add whatever you want to them and they will turn out great.
I’ve done a cream cheese marbling before with red velvet brownies and they were amazing, another favourite of mine.
I think I’m making more next week because my friend with who we swap houses to work comes back from a trip. If you want to learn more about how I organize myself to make this blog, let me know 🙂
So now you know these are the best blondies in history. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you 😉
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown / demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 70 ml whole milk
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
Cream cheese marbling
- 30 g cream cheese
- 20 g whipping cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50 g Nutella
- Melt the butter and let it come back to room temperature. Mix it together with the sugar and egg using a whisk.
- Add vanilla essence and milk.
- Finish with the flour and salt and mix with a spatula.
Cream cheese marbling
- Warm up the cream cheese in the microwave for a few sends to losen it u and whisk it together with the cream and sugar until you have a smooth texture.
- Warm up the Nutella in the microwave for a few seconds to losen it up for easy marbling.
- Add a bit of vegetable oil onto your mould and spread it using kitchen paper. Use it to stick baking paper on it. It will help you as you put the dough on top.
- Put the dough into the mould and flatten it out.
- Make dots of cream cheese and Nutella and then marble them using a skewer or the tip of a knife. For further reference you can watch the video above 🙂
- Pop in the oven at 180C for 15-20min or until you can put a skewer or tip of knife inside and it doesn't come out with dough stuck to it. It could, however, have cream cheese or Nutella and that's fine.
- Take out the blondies from the mould using the baking paper and then trim the edges (don't throw them away! They're for the chef) and cut the squares.