This french dessert is one to impress. It looks stunning and is delicious but at the same time it’s EXTREMELY easy to make! You can switch the fruits and nuts to whatever you have in hand but I swear pear is just the best.
The clafoutis is as easy as this: the mix goes in the blender and then you just need to peel and cut the pears. Then they go in the oven and DONE.
Talk about easy, am I right? And look how good it looks!
It’s a delicate dish perfect for the end of a heavy meal when you want something a bit more refreshing.
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 pears
- 50 g sliced almonds
- icing sugar to decorate
- Put the milk, sugar, eggs, flour and salt in the blender and mix until smooth.
- If you're making a large pie dish butter the mold with butter at room temperature before so you can slice it.
- Peel, core and slice the pears.
- If you're making a large pie dish, make one layer of pears at the bottom, then fill the dish half way through and layer more pears on top nicely. If you're making individual dishes like me, pour the mix halfway through and layer the pears on top making a circle. For more details watch the video above.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds.
- Bake in the oven 35-40min at 180C for the individual dishes and 50min-1 hour for a large pie dish. It's done when golden on top and if you insert something pointy no dough comes out.
- Serve warm and decorate with icing sugar.