You can never have to many side dish recipes up your sleeve. We all get bored of eating rice, fries and simple salads. These hasselback new potatoes with parmesan and rosemary have arrived to up your side dish game.
You can also use large potatoes for this but I like the idea that they’re mini 🙂 It’s also good idea to add pesto to them.
The most important thing to consider about these potatoes is that you need to be careful not to cut all the way down into the potato preventing them from dividing. Also spread out the layers as you cover them with the flavoursome mix. This makes the flavours penetrate the potatoes but also keeps the layers from sticking back together.
- 500 g new potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 30 g parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 70 ml olive oil extra virgin
- fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes in slices without going all the way down. As you can see in the video I put chopsticks on either side of the potato I was cutting so it doesn't let me go all the way down. It just makes it easier.
- Mex the garlic, parmesan cheese, oliva oil, rosemary leaves, salt and pepper.
- Open up the potatoes a bit and cover with the mix.
- The potatoes go onto an oven tray with baking paper to a preheated oven at 180C for 30-40min or until golden and soft inside.
- Serve hot and with extra fresh rosemary as a garnish.