I officially declare that I’m a hummus fan. It’s smooth, silky, full of flavour and perfect to eat with other ingredients. We will top this hummus platter with roasted cherry tomatoes, olive tapenade and pita chips. I promise you’ll love the combination. As a matter of fact, a friend had lots of it and in theory she didn’t even like olives.
Hummus is so easy to make it’s really not worth it to buy it off a store. You literally just have to process or blend everything together and that’s it! Then you can eat it with whatever you like.
Everytime I make hummus I purposely make more than I need. I love to have it for breakfast with a pita bread or even sometimes at night as a light meal. And the fact that it’s joined by mediterranean ingredients just makes the greatest combination.
The other thing I love about this dish is that it’s stunning with all those colours. When you put it in front of other people they will for sure be amazed by how it looks.
- 500 g pita chips cut in triangles
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 10 purple olives chopped in tiny cubes
- 10 green olives chopped in tiny cubes
- 6-8 basil leaves cut in strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Roasted cherry tomatoes
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- to taste salt
- drizzle olive oil
- 350 g chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 100 ml olive oil plus more if needed to loosen texture
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
Also to decorate
- Almond slices
- Mix everything evenly in a bowl and pop it in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-20min or until golden.
- Let cool.
- Add olive oil and salt to the cherry tomatoes and put in the oven at 180 until it starts to get golden and breaks down.
- Let cool.
- MIx everything in a bowl.
- Put everything in the food processor and process until it's nice and smooth. Remember to scrape down the sides of the container so you don't have any un-processed bits.
- Serve on a large plato or board spreading out the hummus and putting the other ingredients nicely on top.