I’m feeling summer come to its hottest time. And when I say I’m feeling it it’s because IT’S HOT! This heat makes us crave refreshing things and white wine is always a great option for that. This peach sangria is delicious and easy to make. Perfect to have in the fridge and serve with loooots of ice.
This peach sangria totally transports you. It takes you to a terrace by the beach with the breeze on your face while wearing a flowy dress (yes, even if you’re a guy you’d be waring a flowy dress in this scenario, lol). In summer you really need refreshing drinks and the good thing about sangria is that it’s made really quickly and you can make a bunch of it, too.
To make the peach sangria itself I used canned peaches because it’s soooo much easier. If you want to use fresh peaches, you need to peel it and boil it until it’s really soft first. Then you add it to the wine (without the seed, of course). It is worth it though to use fresh peaches to garnish your drink when you serve it. Because it’s more tart than the canned peaches, it makes the sangria nicer, same with the berries that you choose. Also, it’s always nice to add some mint or basil to your sangria for that fresh touch.
Even though it’s not the most popular section on the blog, I love to make cocktails. It’s fun to make something special to drink when people are coming over. They’re always quick to make and everyone appreciates the novelty of it all. If you make a recipe from my cocktail section let me know! I think my favourite recipe is the lychee Moscow mule 🙂
- 1 bottle of cold, white wine (750ml) ideally use a Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling, these are wines that have peach notes 🙂
- 1 canned peach 2 halves
- Granulates sugar to taste
- Fresh peach in slices, basil or mint and blackberries or another berry you like
- Blend the white wine with the canned peach until it mixes completely with the wine.
- Try the sangria and adjust the sugar level to your liking.
- Serve with lots of ice and fresh fruits.