I love making my cheese boards special. I always mix something I made myself with store-bought products to give them a different twist. This almond and pomegranate cheese log is a complete success and really simple to make.
It’s pomegranate season and we have to take advantage of it because it’s just extremely yummy. It adds a sweet and slightly tangy taste to this cheese log.
I also like the taste that the sage brings to the table. It’s really refreshing! You can use thyme or rosemary if you prefer.
If you want to see how I assemble my cheeseboards along with a few tips and tricks you can check out my post on how to make an instagram-worthy cheese board ;).
It takes very little time to make and that’s really practical specially if you’ve invited people over and you have lots to cook.
- 210 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- 70 g toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 sage leaves
- Zest from 1 lime
- Chop the almonds and sage and mix with the pomegranate, lime zest and honey.
- Put half of the mix into the cheese and incorporate.
- Make a double layer of cling film on a clean surface and put the cheese at the center trying to form a long shape. Fold the cling film over and use it to shape it into a cylinder. Watch the video to further understand how it's done.
- Freeze the cheese for 20min
- Put the mix on a chopping board or clean surface and align it so you can roll the cheese log on top.
- Roll the cheese log while applying a bit of pressure so everything sticks to it. Also use your fingers to fill up empty spaces.