I LOVE THESE COOKIES. There are no cookies more comforting than chewy chocolate chip cookies and to me these are honestly the best :).
I really couldn’t not upload these cookies for you, I was almost ashamed that the recipe wasn’t on the blog haha.
The only different thing about these cookies from other recipes I’ve seen is that you can’t pop these as a ball and then expect them to stretch out in the oven. You have to form them into a ball and then flatten them but they’re completely worth the extra work, I promise.
- 125 g unsalted butter melted and at room temperature
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 245 g all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g bitter or milk chocolate chips + extra for the top
- Mix the butter with the brown sugar. Then add all the other ingredients finishing with the flour and chocolate chips.
- Make small balls with the dough, flatten them a bit and lay them on an oven tray with baking paper. You can use a cookie scoop to get them the same size. Don't put them too close to each other because they do grow a bit in the oven.
- Put a few extra chips on top so they look nice.
- They go into a preheated oven at 180C for 8-12min. Take them out as soon as the edges start to go golden. If you leave them in there for a longer time then they go crispy. When you take them out of the oven they will be very soft and will break if you lift them so use a burger spatula to take them out of the tray and let them cool down without laying one on top of the other. After a few minutes they will have hardened.