These turnovers with the mix of berries and the crunchy filo pastry make for a really fun dessert. Plus, you get to eat them with your hands! They’re so easy to make they should be a 0/5 on the difficulty scale. All there’s to do is mix the berries with other ingredients and then pop them inside the filo pastry triangles. Promise you’ll love them!
- 120 g blueberries
- 120 g raspberries
- 65 g sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 160 g filo pastry
- 60 g butter melted
- 30 g icing sugar
- Make sure you wash the berries first. Then mix them with the sugar, lemon juice, corn flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Use butter to paste 2 layers of filo pastry together. As you work, keep the filo pastry you're not using rolled up inside a tea towel so that it doesn't dry out and break. Using a clean pair of scissors or a knife, cut rectangles from the filo pastry. Brush more butter on top.
- Put a tablespoon or tablespoon and a half of berries at the end of each rectangle. Fold it over once to make a triangle. Then roll the triangle over and over until you run out of pastry (watch video for further reference). Make sure you make tight edges so that not much of it comes out when you bake it.
- Put them on a baking tray with baking paper on (keeps the filling that comes out of the triangles from making a mess on the tray) and brush more butter on top (yes, more!)
- Take them to a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 20-30min or until nice and golden. If you have a gas oven and it bakes from the bottom up only, I recommend that at the very end you turn on your broil for a bit to make them nice and crispy all over.
- Let them cool down a bit and sprinkle with icing sugar.
I love berries and these were a dream to munch on!! I hope you liked them and make them at home. Remember to tag me when you make them so I can see how much prettier than mine they are.