It’s officially soup season! This Asian Zoodle Soup is absolutely delicious. The soul of this soup is the dehydrated mushroom stock that gives it a flavour boost.
If you wish you can replace the zoodles for rice pasta or even wheat pasta or mix half zoodles and half other pasta. The yummy thing about zucchini is that even when cooked it keeps a nice pasta-like texture. You can do the same thing with other veggies like carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.
To make the zoodles I used the KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment with Peel, Core & Slice. It’s really good because you only need to attach the veggies in the Attachment and then turn on the mixer. That’s it! The spiralized veggies fall down onto your bowl. A real wonder when compared to other spiralizing tools.
The taste in this soup depends in great measure of the stock that we make to cook the veggies. It only takes one hour to make and you don’t even have to take care of it closely either; it can just be cooking out as you shower. The dehydrated mushrooms add a concentrated flavour that’s extremely yummy with the other ingredients.
Para el caldo
- 1 leek only white and light green part
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 10 g dehydrated mushrooms
- 10 g peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed with the side of a knife
- 4 liters water
Para la sopa
- 200 g portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 bok choy cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 zucchini
- green onions / spring onions / scallions chopped, only the green section
- chili flakes
- toasted sesame seeds
For the stock
- Place everything in a pot over medium-low heat. Time an hour from the moment it starts to boil and then pass through a colander and keep the liquid.
For the soup
- Spiralize the zucchini. I used the KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment with Peel, Core & Slice to make the spirals.
- Return the stock to the pot and make it come to a boil again, this time over medium heat.
- Add the soup ingredients to the stock and cook for 5 min.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chili flakes, toasted sesame and chopped green onions.