These brownies with peanut butter Swirl were made for everyone who loves the mix of chocolate and peanut. It’s still the same gooey and fudgy brownie you know with the additional of a peanut butter swirl which makes them incredible.
For me this is the perfect brownie to have with ice cream. This time I used a cream cheese and peanut ice cream by Gelato Xocolat, an ice cream shop that I love here in Santiago. You could even bake it in a 25cm diameter skillet and then serve it with a bunch of ice cream on top.
For the brownies
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 240 g sugar
- 70 g unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs cold
- 70 g all purpose flour
For the peanut butter swirl
- 100 g peanut butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Put the butter, sugar, cacao, salt and vanilla essence in the bowl where you're going to whip them up later.
- Put the bowl on a bain-marie without touching the surface of the water until everything is melted and mixed together.
- Remove the bowl from the bain marie and wait 5min for it to cool down a bit. You should be able to touch the outside of the bowl without burning yourself.
- Mix using a stand or hand-held mixer and add the eggs one at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix for 2min on high speed.
- Put the mix into a mould lined with baking paper and flatten out.
- Mix the peanut butter with the sugar until smooth. Put tablespoon-sized dollops of it scattered around the brownie and make swirls using a chopstick.
- Take to a preheated oven at 160C for 20-30min or until you can insert a toothpick at the center and it comes out with a bit of dough (we don't want it to dry out completely).
- Let cool and cut.