Whenever you need a quick appetizer that’s also really tasty, this is a really nice option. Nicely toasted baguettes with blue cheese, walnuts, cranberries and honey. The perfect crostini for a Christmas dinner or any other occasion, really.
I usually don’t like blue cheese because I find it a bit overpowering. However, there’s a really nice balance between the ingredients in this recipe and the strength of the cheese is softened by the walnuts, cranberries and honey.
I also love how those little thyme leaves add a bit of freshness that’s so lovely. Also, the colours just pop at you!
I recommend that you first do the baguette toasts and keep them in an airtight container. Then assemble as close to eating them as possible so that the toast doesn’t get moist with the ingredients.
- 1 baguette + olive oil to toast
- 50 g walnuts
- 60 g blue cheese
- 100 g cranberries
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4-6 sprigs of thyme
- Cut the baguette in slices. I like to do it at an angle so you get longer toasts and so people know it's a two-bite portion instead of trying to pop everything in and then have difficulty chewing.
- Drizzle olive oil on top as well as salt and toast in an oven at 180C until golden. Let cool completely.
- Toast the walnuts in an oven at 180C for 5-10min or until golden (it will smell like popcorn). Let cool and then chop roughly.
- Use a fork to separate the blue cheese into small chunks.
- Put a bit of blue cheese on each toast, then some cranberries and walnuts.
- Drizzle with honey and finish with a few leaves of thyme