There are not enough formats in the world to eat chocolate chip cookies. With a delicious dough, you can make lots of preparations and this one is the best by far. They’re really chewy and a real pleasure to eat. I even need to warn you that these are highly addictive and you won’t be able to have only one!
This dough I’ve made before in cookie format when I did cookie and ice cream sandwiches because that’s a winning combination. Just remember that if you’re using this dough for cookies then you need to shape them into balls and then flatten them down a bit to shape them because they’re not the kind to spread out in the oven.
In the ingredient list, there is brown sugar and honey which help us achieve that chewy texture. There’s also salt that gives us the perfect balance in the dough and also makes the chocolate flavour stand out.
Please don’t think that it’s just me that thinks this is the best cookie dough 🙂 I used to sell food and my chocolate chip cookies were a huge bestseller.
- 250 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 400 g brown sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 490 g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips + more for the top
- 2 tsp salt
- Mix the butter with the sugar
- Add the honey and eggs and mix.
- Add all the dry ingredients and finish with the chocolate chips.
- Flatten on an oven dish lined with baking paper and take to an oven preheated at 180C for 20min or until it's golden on top.
- Wait for it to cool down completely before unmoulding and cutting.