I get asked a lot these days to make quick sweet recipes and hopefully without an oven. That’s why I made this peanut butter filled chocolate mug cake. It’s delicious and quick to make besides being really chocolatey and perfect for binge watching Netflix.
This recipe is highly efficient when you need something sweet NOW without having to make a large pan of anything. In just 15 minutes you will be eating this amazing chocolate mug cake. Also, it’s very practical because it’s cooked in the microwave and that means no pre-heating, lol. On the other hand, if you don’t have an oven and you want some no-bake ideas, here are many:
- Strawberry Crisp
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Pudding
- Any ice-cream
- Red Wine Poached Pears
- Crêpes or Crêpe Cake
- Peruvian Chocolate Truffles
- Banana Layered Dessert
Let’s talk possible replacements for this recipe! First off I want to say that the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, as well as the peanut butter filling, are optional. They’re not necessary but you know that I like to give little extras to my recipes that can make it much better. Also, if you don’t have any peanut butter you can use any nut or seed butter. You could also replace this filling with dulce de leche, Nutella, ganache, you name it. I will say though that the filling tends to sink a bit down the cup! But to be honest, it’s great anyway.
When you choose the cup for your chocolate mug cake, make sure that you’re choosing a tall one so that it doesn’t fall off the mug as it cooks. You will notice that this recipe makes 2 mug cakes but you can divide the recipe into two and place one half in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just consider that it will take about 30 extra seconds to cook because the batter will be cold.
Para el mug cake de chocolate (procura usar cucharas medidoras)
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder or ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter or any kind of oi
- 5 tbsp milk any kind, animal or vegetable
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped chocolate optional
For the filling (optional or can be replaced for dulce de leche, Nutella, etc.)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter or any other seed or nut butter
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
For the chocolate mug cake
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Mix them together.
- Add the butter and milk and mix.
- Add the chips and mix. You can store half the batter in the fridge for up to 2 days in case you only want to make one mug cake now.
For the peanut butter filling
- Mix the peanut butter with the sugar.
For the assembly and cooking
- Distribute half of the batter between both cups.
- Place half of the peanut butter in each cup.
- Cover the peanut butter up with the rest of the batter.
- Cook the mug cakes in the microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. Add 30 seconds to that if it was in the fridge previously. Eat it straight away! Since it's cooked in the microwave, it becomes less yummy as it cools down.